Getting that eRoom loop where the plugin keeps trying to install but it never seems to work?
I did too…and it wasn’t completely installing.
After numerous calls to EMC and their tech group, I got the fix to make this little utility work in Vista and Explorer 7.
eRoom Plug-In Setup/ Configuration for working with Microsoft Vista
The eRoom plug-in software enhances your web browser to work better with
To use the eRoom plug-in, you need to have one of the following browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x or 7.x
- Mozilla Firefox 1.5x or 2.x
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional (with Service Pack 4 or higher)
- Microsoft Windows XP (with Service Pack 1 or higher)
- Microsoft Windows Vista
Note: The eRoom plug-in cannot be installed on locked down computers where you do not have ADMIN access.
To install the eRoom plug-in on your own computer, you must first log in as an Administrator or Power User (or run the installer as Administrator as described in Step 4’s Option), then do the following steps:
- Required for Internet Explorer 7 on Windows Vista (optional for other versions of Windows): Add
eRoomto your “Trusted Sites” as follows:
- Pull down the Tools menu, then choose Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options window, select the Security tab, click on Trusted sites to highlight it, then press the Sites button. A Trusted Sites window will pop up.
- In the “Add this website to the zone” box of the Trusted Sites window, type each of the following websites into the provided blank, then press the Add button:
- Make sure “Require server verification…” is not checked, then press Close to dismiss the Trusted Sites pop-up window.
- For Windows Vista only: Back in the Internet Options window, make sure that Trusted sites is highlighted and that the checkbox at the bottom of the screen for “Enable Protected Mode” is not checked.
- Press OK to close Internet Options.
- Click here to download a file, ClientSetup.exe, from the Help & Support/FAQs area of our site.
- Choose to save the ClientSetup.exe file to your desktop, or to a directory on your computer.
- Locate the ClientSetup.exe file you saved and double-click it. (Option: If you are not logged in as Administrator, right-click the ClientSetup.exe program and choose Run as Administrator.) Installation will start.
- After the eRoom installation program finishes, reboot your computer. While a reboot may not be required at this point, it’s strongly recommended — in part to help with the next step, and also because an immediate attempt to use the plug-in may result in being asked to install it again (particularly if you used Run as Administrator in Step 4, rather than installing while logged in with your Administrator or Power User account).
- Check your firewall settings to make sure that ERClient7.exe is allowed to use your Internet connection. (Some firewalls will either do this automatically or will ask you for permission during Step 7.)
- Go to your My eRooms page. Press my member info to make sure the “Use eRoom plug-in software” checkbox is active, then click the OK button near the top of the Member Information page. You may be prompted with a question about whether you want to use the plug-in and trust the
webCafésite; answer Yes to this.
- If done correctly, you should see the installed eRoom Monitor icon in your system tray in the lower right hand corner. If you right click it, it should now contain the properties eroom.net, indicating that you can now drag and drop files from your desktop/computer right onto the eRoom web screen.
The eRoom plug-in software should now be active.
Here is the link to EMC Documentum’s eRoom.net Support – Click Here