In an effort to assist a corporate colleague, Brooks Betz is searching out new opportunities after leaving Accenture Consulting. He’s based in Central New Jersey and is looking for any of the following roles:
- Information Technology Quality Assurance, IT Validation & Quality Compliance, IT Quality Program Manager, Test Management Services Leader or other similar roles.
- Full Time Position or (New Jersey/New York Metro Area)
- Long Term Management Consultancy Contract (Travel as necessary)
- Industry: Financial Services, Pharma, LS, Healthcare, Retail
If you have an opportunity or opening, please contact Brooks directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Motivated, self-driven and analytically focused IT QUALITY DIRECTOR/PROGRAM MANAGER professional with experience in business, technology, and operational business environments building, deploying, and managing IT programs and services. Focusing on business transformation and quality reengineering. Strong business acumen that thrives working to improve process design, operating effectiveness and reduce operating costs. Able quickly adapt to new industries, new technologies and customer segments.
IT Quality Assurance:
Deep experience managing quality assurance teams that reduce risk, lower operating costs, and increase software quality. Focus across SDLC on continuous process improvement to improve future deliverables. Hands on with planning, execution, and root cause analysis. Build, manage, and execute test cases/plans. Extensive experience building Centers of Excellence (CoE’s) for enterprise QA support including software testing tools, automation, and broadening traditional and non-traditional testing methods.
Provide program transformations for business, technical, and organizational efforts; takes ownership of and leadership from analysis thru execution with a focus on continuous improvement. Proven ability to influence project direction to meet deliverables and budgets. Ability to understand new business flows and products quickly. Extensive metric reporting, charting, analysis capabilities.
IT Project Management:
Managed budgets in excess of $20 million and teams as large as 125. Able to manage using proven program management processes. Experienced in PMI and Six Sigma process best practices and various SDLC disciplines including Scaled Agile (SAFE and DevOps Continuous Integration models. Problem solving skills that strengthen IT/Business relationships. Deep shared service and outsourced supported program design and management experience.
Evaluate strategic business goals, identify requirements, and create business case justifications, process workflow mapping, and propose appropriate solutions. Strong analytical skills. Technical mindset. Designs and executes UAT testing, client training, with minimal supervision.
- Technology: multi-tier enterprise applications, distributed computing, OO design, Web Design/Architecture, J2EE, Cloud Computing, SaaS, Mainframe/Cobol, Citrix/VMWare
- Package COTS Experience: Salesforce, Siebel CRM, SAP R3, Oracle Retail (Retek), Pega,
- Cloud Computing/Social Media – Social Business Software, SaaS: Jive Software, Atlassian
- Proficient development environments; Waterfall, RUP, Agile, web server, application server
- QA/PMO/DEV Tools Experience: HP Suite, IBM, Rally, Atlassian (JIRA), Workday, DevOps Open Source
- Expert Capabilities: MS Project, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MindShare, SharePoint Configuration
Accenture Consulting (Technology) – Florham Park, NJ May 2010 – Feb 2015
Senior Manager – Leader for the Global Testing Practice focusing on Assessment, Strategy, Mobilization. Over 600 US resources and 13,000 testing resources globally and rated by Gartner and IDC as one of the most respected quality assurance firms in the industry. North American Products/Life Sciences Lead/liaison developing marketing and sales opportunities. Asset Development. Program Cost Containment.
- Products/Life Sciences North American Testing Liaison – Relationships and business development by Technical Account Leads needed support to push future opportunities. Served as the liaison to 15 Business transformation leadership and direction. Program initiation of a CSI 90 PMO establishing a cross divisional PMO managing budgets, tasks, deliverables, milestones, MIS, communications, and escalations resulting in Board improving decision making and mitigating risks.
- Omni-Channel quality is a complex problem where someone was needed to understand all of the moving parts, as well as how to create End-to-End delivery strategies. My broad client experiences led to Products Quality Services area included multiple clients requiring Omni-channel IT quality capabilities for web, mobile, cloud, SaaS offering for both packaged (COTS) and custom/legacy platforms. Client engagements included Target, Walmart, Tiffany & Co, Ahold (Stop & Shop), Southwest, Whole Foods, Best Buy. Key solutions included centralized advanced automation capabilities to support continuous integration capabilities with test strategies that met quality and risk profiles across the channels. Efforts include: quality strategy, continuous integration, automation, data analytics, performance engineering, test data management service enablement.
- Client challenges to reign in quality costs led me to build testing focus in Products area, experience in FDA and regulatory requirements were key success criteria. Spent five years working in pharma/Life Sciences that led to strategy/Delivery engagements including Merck, Pfizer, Sanofi Aventis, Gilead, Johnson & Johnson, BMS as a key contributor to test strategy and CSV Validation services. Included in my asset development included a combined quality offering for agile/DevOps for clients needing testing and validation services. This unique offering led to three major secured opportunities. This also led to cross over strategy and mobilization work in the Heath Area including Aetna, Cardinal Health, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield.
- Accenture needed experienced FS resources to support their largest client base. Leveraged banking experiences to support strategy and delivery consulting engagements Financial Services Investment Bank, Private Wealth, Custody/Trustee and Commercial Banking clients – experiences led to engagements including Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank.
PRC Consulting/T3Consortium – Liberty Corner, NJ Nov 2006 – May 2010
Consultant – Boutique consulting firm formed by former CIO of American Express to partner with private equity/venture capital firms and Towers Perrin associated with merger & acquisitions, business reengineering, and continuous process improvement efforts. Serve as Project Manager for Quality Reengineering and PMO services, and Business Analyst.
Dun & Bradstreet (2008 – 2009)
Project Manager/BA – improve customer experience, information quality, and product innovation initiative to direct business, IT, and operations to increase customer satisfaction.
- Business transformation leadership and direction. Program initiation of a CSI 90 PMO establishing a cross divisional PMO managing budgets, tasks, deliverables, milestones, MIS, communications, and escalations resulting in Board improving decision making and mitigating risks.
- Post sales delivery delays were damaging customer satisfaction. Analysis was needed for post sale delays. Created detailed process maps for current and future state resulting in new process workflows to establish instantaneous product delivery to customers resulting in instantaneous delivery to customers.
- Group needed a Project Manager to own new product delivery for Instantaneous deployment project. Designed project plans, selected product, coordinated team, tested, and deployed a successful execution of instantaneous enablement. After the completion of the pilot, customer satisfaction scores increased dramatically. Agreements made to expand the program to other key products.
Hertz Corporation (2007-2008)
Carlyle Group VC due diligence recognized Hertz must recapture $250 million holding senior leadership accountable to a new Project Genesis PMO; Act as Project Manager and Business Analyst.
- Board of Directors needed a structured PMO to recapture cost savings – worked with Hertz leadership to construct and staff a new dedicated business wide program. Lead and mentor, build and manage project plans, plan tracking, change management, and risk mitigation for all key stakeholders and Project Managers. Tracked project milestones, mitigate risk, and coordinated escalation and corrective actions.
- Executive Board needed extensive and accurate reporting, metrics, and cost capture timeframes. Business analysts needed PMO to coordinate with Pillsbury Winthrop (vendor) to facilitate interviews, set timelines and deliverables. Resulted in a seamless transition from due diligence phase into project execution phase. A $250 million cost recapture project was designed, approved, and managed.
- Data sensitivity was not being respected. Collaboration at various access levels was necessary to preserve proprietary analytical tools for multiple parties resulting in creation of a virtual PMO solution.
Morgan Stanley (2006 – 2007)
Business Analyst – Private Wealth – Divisional QA service review – Software Delivery process needed to deliver an efficient, consistent, leveraged shared quality assurance software testing service.
- Enterprise “End to End” system testing program management lacked effectiveness. Worked with sponsors to mandate SIT testing across system resulting in a huge increase in QA test commitments.
- IT organization was not leveraging enterprise testing technologies. Testing tools needed streamlining, optimization, and audit capabilities across IT for use cases, requirements, test cases, defects. Reviewed gates, benchmarks, and SLA’s alongside test traceability and audit before software approved to release. All areas of organization were integrated into system increasing visibility, coverage, and execution along with automated metric reporting capability.
JPMorgan – New York, NY May 2005 – October 2006
Vice President – Investment Bank Credit Risk Management Division
IT Software Quality Project Manager – Quality and Testing Lead – Credit Risk products. Risk Division ill prepared to effectively perform Quality Assurance testing to projects causing major software failures. Management restructured and relocated program to Houston, TX in September 2006.
- Quality assurance was not treated as a formal discipline. Integrated Center of Excellence (COE) enterprise group to centralize tools and testing expertise for regression automation and performance testing dramatically improving BA testing capabilities and audit trails for RUP, Agile, and Waterfall efforts.
- Project Managers were ineffectively delivering quality assurance. Risk technology had 15 applications/ 20 BA’s with multiple project streams that needed a formal QA process. Took over Risk QA test plans, including timetables, roles, case reviews, and milestones with the project managers resulting in more structured formal testing, coverage, audit and post mortem reporting to business.
Deutsche Bank – New York, NY June 1999 – February 2005
Vice President – Investment Bank Global Technology
IT was failing to deliver cost benefits in a vertical business siloed environment delivering software that was failing in production causing critical failures and hard dollar losses. The result was to build and manage the first global enterprise QA shared service called the “Global Testing Network” and Center of Excellence (CoE) to reduce software delivery deployment risk and substantially reduce IT operating costs.
- Facing a firm-wide quality assurance resource shortage, using entrepreneurial spirit and business drive, created a “on-demand” quality assurance service flexible model with scalability and global reach to support over 500 applications. The QA shared service and its QA outsourcing partnerships saved the business $19 million the first year.
- Quality Assurance processes were not standardized. Project Mgt and DVL teams were not operating under a standard delivery process. Built and deployed a QA Governance/Compliance “Quality Gate” process to accompany the GTN quality process resulting in higher quality delivery. The first “hybrid quality model” used CMMi, ITIL, and Six Sigma methodology incorporating a flexible quality process. Our success led to Chairmanship of the bank wide GTO quality enterprise steering committee and the Enterprise Quality Standards Committee.
- “Global Testing Network”, received a Wall Street Journal Technology Award nomination in 2004.
Bankers Trust Company- Jersey City, NJ Jun 1994 – May 1999
Controller, Global Custody Institutional – Endowments and Foundations
- Custodial administrator to eight foundations with assets surpassing $2.5 billion
- Business technology liaison/ UAT leader for Endowment & Foundation Unit
Force Four Marine Corporation – Cranford, NJ 1984-1994
Executive Director – Global Marine Distributor/Retail
- Principal, national distributor/marketing company in the yachting/sailing industry.
- Owner of Cranford Boat & Canoe Company, a retail and livery storefront.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Business Management/Financial Management, Bryant University, RI – 1984
- Strong willed, competitive, determined. Driven to provide the best I can in support to bring success. Team focused, result driven. Love geeking with technology, travel, motorsports, and playing with my kids. Married, three children, live in Basking Ridge, New Jersey.